Wednesday, June 13, 2018

The Lying Game by Ruth Ware

Kate
Thea
Isa
Fatima

Four girls connected at the hip for one memorable year of boarding school.

"I need you."

And with those three words gather these women from the lives they have created apart and away in the big world and return them back to the paths of the school and the swamp and the stories and the lying game.

It seemed like a simple game - tell the lie and gain points when others believe. But, those lies had a way of digging deeply into the small village around the school with the remnants remaining years later as a scrap of graffiti on a bathroom wall or a whisper around the edges at the bar.

But there is more than just a story and a lie at the bottom of this book. An unexplained disappearance with rumors of abuse and then a body. As the police try to figure out who that body is - the women tumble to the truth as well.

I thought I had this figured out again and again. As Isa remembers and reveals the truth  - I thought I knew.  But I was left guessing until the end!!

This is great and fast read!!!

#summer2018book2

No comments: